Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A true story...

Yesterday afternoon I went to the beach. Well, the beach they have on a lake by where Im staying in upstate NY... not technically South Beach or anything. As the day was beginning to end I noticed a little boy getting to the beach with his grandma. He was a blue eyed 3yrold boy named Brandon.
As he had gotten out of the car and excitedly walking towards the sand I witnessed him fall on the pebbly concrete on both hands and knees and pause... while making eye contact with me. I expected this little boy to start crying for at least a couple mins the way other kids his age would do but instead he got up and yelled out to me (someone he had never met)...

"I'm OK!, I just tripped!"

as he brushed his knees off with a big smile:) then skipped on with his direction to the lake with his grandma laughing behind. It was the cutest thing EVER!

This may be a really silly story to you but as adults we can learn from this cute little kid and deal with things like Brandon did.

It's really the way the boy said what he said that shocked me the most... so boldly, positive and honest!

I<3 Brandon!

No comments:

Post a Comment