Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wallpaper...




I have always been drawn to wallpaper. I've had thoughts of making my own wallpaper or being able to print photos the size of a wall. I always refer to that scene in Scarface with the sunset and island palm tree wallpaper backdrop and the endless possibilities you would have to decorate your space. Its apparently possible...
I have also found a website of a girl who is a graphic designer and makes wallpaper to order. What I like about these is that they have a collage thing about them, they aren't as repetitive as the old fashion style. The fact that they have little unflower images mixed in with the flowers like a robin, or a naked lady, or a cowboy makes it slightly edgier and adds surprise. They also remind me of a Betsy Johnson store. 
http://www.lisabengtsson.se

It would be wonderful if their was a printing store or an online website to send your own images, graphics, collages and be able to have them printed and measured to a particular space, even ceiling! or to line the inside of  a closet. In the old days they would wall paper the tops of shelves and it looks so sweet when the interiors of glass cabinets have the charm of a print that peeps through as an alternative to paint. If anyone has any information on one let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Tambo, check out miamiwrapstars.com. they create individualized pieces of art for any wall!!

    v.ro

    ReplyDelete