Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

"THE SELBY" photography of interiors...



































































Georgie





I am obsessed with details, with colors, with interiors and people with taste. I have found this site called http://www.theselby.com where we can go inside the homes of creative people! I am someone who is very ecclectic and appreciates charm when I talk about my preferred place to spend time. I love STUFF! The junk you might throw away is my treasure. I have always grown up in a very clean, white, minimalistic home because it is my fathers style,,, he hates STUFF! so when you would go in my area of the house it was like a burst of color and craziness. I remember not feeling comfortable to even step foot in some of the rooms we had growing up because just sitting on the couch would leave a mark on our plush white sofas from London. The only colors we had were very muted in a work of art but mainly everything was white, off white, grays, and of course touches of black like in our Yamaha piano and such. Things have softened up a bit since and we now rent an older home with an Arab architecture. Our apartment in Madrid also has its charm with old wooden floors and an incredible roof deck in the heart of the city. We used to have a home in the south that was made of scraps from my fathers hippy years with a Swiss girlfriend named Katia that inspired me the most! The arches, the beaded curtains, the boganvillias, the avocado trees, the old Virgin Mary statue with a broken hand, the bathrooms were made of the tiles with mistakes that the factories were going to throw away! The dining room table was made of an old sewing machine stand which was iron and had a giant pedal with a piece of wood over it. The house had charm. It was the opposite of the type of home I lived in in Miami but of course I appreciated all of it. When I live in clutter it affects my mood... I like order because I have realized to appreciate it. Sometimes I just want to burn everything I own. ;) When I drive around neighborhoods with beautiful homes I wish I could look INSIDE! When I walk around manhattan and get glipses of book shelves or chandeliers I get excited. We all have our own homes with our own desicions as to what style and that says a lot about ourselves. So it seems to me, my family likes the modern minimalism for everyday life but when we vacation we go to our very very charming home in the north of Spain where its a 3 story home that looks like a dollhouse! I will try to post pictures. I have selected all of the photographs from The Selby site that I found were inspiring or I was drawn to so all you have to do is scroll down. ENJOY!






Lou Douillon















Lyndsay C



LVHouse










Jamie Anthony




Herve Pierre



Yasumichi



Jamie Bower

Waris Ahlu




Ruben Toled











Gerald Deco




Tom Sanchez

Glenn Obrien

No comments:

Post a Comment