Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

what is lost, is gone. Look at what is here and be happy!

Why is it that people feel better about themselves when others go through a rough patch? Like telling someone about your pain makes them think
"Wow, well at least MY life isn't THAT bad..."
You do it, I do it too.
So maybe thats what its good for? Maybe shit happens for that exact reason? I know it works. Im sure it has something to do with the pull of this Earth... or whatever, maybe not.

I remember hearing about some family that got stuck out in the ocean because something went wrong with their boat and they were out there for dayssss trying to survive and be found. I remember the family, they were from Miami, down south and they were all very beautiful, very classy people, very admirable. The whole family fell apart due to that incident. The father began getting everyone down with negative comments about how they were all going to die out there. Leading them to be all sad, distraught and lost in the ocean with sharks circling them (literally) instead of the opposite... and they had to hope for the best and pull it together and when someone in the group is not helping to pull out of this together you have a real feeling of hatred! of sadness! the MAN you thought was gona be YOUR MAN is not even a MAN anymore in your eyes! Your father that you always thought was strong and honorable and amazing is a wimping, sad, pathetic, piece of meat making everything worse in the most difficult of scenarios!
That family ended up divorcing and it was hard but they -DID- survive, that was a hard time. Testing testing testing 1 2 3...

Lots of crazy things happen.

When they told my grandfather he was going to die when he was sick in the hospital they told my grandmother he had 2 weeks left to live. She asked that they DO NOT tell him that information and he is almost 90 and alive today! The positive thoughts are what took away that cancer or whatever he had. I believe that. It wasn't all the prayers, but the thoughts when you pray! Wanting it so bad and trying for it is what makes a change and believing.

When my little cousin Dylan drowned in the pool he was on the respirator for a few days and we prayed and prayed that the little two year old would wake up. We even had groups of peopel taht spread the word to pray all over the world!!!! Eventually they said they could pull the plug or that their is a chance he would suffer from mental issues, like be retarded, in a wheel chair or something and making that choice for a parent is the most intense of ALLLLL. You can pray and pray and pray for Dylan to come back but he wontor better said, he DIDNT.
He was the most amazing creature of a child! I am the eldest of all the grand children on my mothers side and I have raised and carried many kids and played with them and they were all very different. Not every kid loved me the way Dylan loved me. Dylan was my favorite. Dylan would run to me, Dylan would love to play with me! Dylan was a boy! but he loved me! He spent a lot of time with meeee even though he could have been playing cars and robots and video games with the boys,,, I mean he did but if he liked that so much why would he wana leave that to do things with me? He wanted to hangout with ME! I would carry him around everywhere and let him rule the world!!! that was part of why he probably liked to be with me so much! I would let him chew gum a bit when he wasnt allowed to and he was a rebel like me so we had fun doing things that he thought other people or adults wouldnt let him do. It was all a part of his personality, goes to show you why nothing stopped him from jumping in that pool. He was fearless! He was fantastic. I will NEVER forget him and what he meant to me those times we shared together.

Its just crazy to think that the people I care about most somehow dissapear. Some of them die, some of them simply go away, some of them CHANGE. (or I change).

Everything is constantly changing and we have to embrace what is happening but most of all we have to value what we have at the very moment,,,before it slips away.

Nothing is permanent. The good times do go stale. Shit happens. We grow and change and hopefully all for the best.

I wish, for whoever is reading this, that WE can try our best to give love and value to the things around us. That we try harder to reach out. To take care of what we care about, of what we don't want to loose, I hope that what we love lasts longer and that many more happy moments grow from the sad ones and that we can let go more easily of the sad times because they have already happened once they do and that instead of focusing on what is gone and what we miss and what is missing that somehow light can shine on the things we still have in front of us and that we give those things more value and keep on with a smile and spread those ways with the others.

;_)

P.S. Sometimes I feel like a prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment